Nusta Spa has taken the guidelines set forth by the CDC, WHO, OSHA and the International Spa Association, and combined it with the many discussions we have shared with other spa industry leaders to create a set of safety protocols that we feel will provide both our clients and our staff the peace of mind that they are being protected with the utmost care.
For our clients who are revisiting, you will notice some changes to our award-winning interior design and amenities. To maximize your safety, we have closed the waiting lounges and shower facilities, removed the reading materials and snacks, and no longer have testers available for our products.
You will also notice a change in our scheduling and menu options. We have staggered the availability of our therapists to minimize the number of people checking in/checking out at the same time. We have added time between services to allow for more time to disinfect between services. We no longer allow for walk-ins – and may have to ask someone who has just stopped in to browse or inquire about our services to wait outside until the scheduled guests have cleared the lobby area. Couples services and treatments extending beyond 60 minutes have been temporarily removed from the menu along with sauna services.
There will also be some new procedures to follow including:
• Online booking: Appointments must be booked by close of business the preceding day.
• Wellness Screening: 12 hours in advance of appointments both clients and staff will complete online health screens.
• Masks: All guests and staff will wear masks while inside the spa. The guests may remove the mask once in the treatment room, but the staff must always keep a mask on. For all contact with the face and neck areas, service providers will also wear a face shield to further protect both the guest and the staff member.
• Temperature Checks: Upon arrival, all staff and guests will have their temperatures checked with contactless thermometers. Clients whose temperatures are +100 degrees will have their services canceled free of charge. Staff will be excused until it is safe for them to return to work.
• New intake forms to be filled out online instead of in the lobby.
• Social Distancing: The floors will be marked to facilitate correct social distancing.
• Linens: A freshly sterilized set of linens will be used for each treatment.
• Sanitization: All tools, equipment, and surfaces will be sanitized before and after each appointment. Surfaces will be disinfected hourly. UV light wands will be used after disinfecting surfaces and tools for added protection.
The situation remains fluid and unpredictable, so we will proceed with caution and care – along with joy and optimism! We appreciate that this may be frustrating but please know that your well-being is our top priority and the sole reason for Nusta Spa.
In good health,
Brad & Melani Drummer
Located in downtown Washington, DC, Nusta Spa offers a full range of nature-inspired spa treatments for men and women, including skin care, massage, body care, and more.
Sign-up for Our Monthly Newsletter for Specials & More!